Using Nishijin Plaza
Kyushu University Nishijin Plaza aims to promote international academic research at the university, forge connections between the university and society, serve as a source of information on academic research activities, and facilitate the university’s educational research efforts.
January 5 through December 27 (however, facilities are subject to closure at the discretion of the Facility Administrator)
9 a.m.–8 p.m. (however, facility hours are subject to extension at the discretion of the Facility Administrator)
* Important point to note: The Nishijin Plaza schedule does not include buffer times between events; users must set up for and clean up after their meetings within their allotted times. Make sure to schedule your meeting start time and end time accordingly.
Members of the Kyushu University community and members of the public are welcome to use Nishijin Plaza in accordance with the purpose of the facility.
＊Members of the public must have a referral from a Kyushu University faculty member.
In the “User” field on the application, write and stamp the name of the appropriate Kyushu University faculty member.
＊Note that “Accommodations” cannot be used for more than 60 consecutive days at a time.
(Article 6, Paragraph 2 of the Detailed Regulations on the Use of Kyushu University Nishijin Plaza)
＊Make sure to read the Guidelines before making a reservation.
Kyushu University Nishijin Plaza Guidelines
How to reserve facilities
(1) Check the availability of the facility on the “Facility reservations” page.
(2) Click your desired reservation date and fill out a tentative reservation form.
(3) Once you have completed and submitted the tentative reservation form, you will receive a confirmation e-mail.
[Inquiries by phone]
General Affairs Team, University Research Administration
(4) After you receive the tentative reservation confirmation e-mail, download the Kyushu University Nishijin Plaza Application from the link below, fill out the form with the necessary information, and submit the form to the University Research Administration Office in the Kyushu University Planning Department.
* Refer to the “Filling out the application form” section below when completing the application form.
(5) Submit your application at least 15 days before you plan to start using the facility.
(It takes time to prepare and issue permits and invoices.)
Download the application form
Filling out the application form
(1) See the “Fee Table” for more information on fees.
(2) Pay the necessary fees by the day before you plan to use the facility.
(Failure to pay the necessary fees by the deadline results in late fees.)
[Inquiries by phone]
Nishijin Plaza Administration Office: 092-831-8104
General Affairs Team, University Research Administration Office: 092-802-2322
(3) You can pay the necessary fees by either sending the amount via bank deposit transfer to the appropriate account or presenting your permit at the Revenue Desk of the Finance Department’s Accounting Division and paying there.
[Revenue Desk, Accounting Division, Finance Department]
◯Hakozaki Campus: Headquarters Building 2, 1F (for cash payments)
◯Cash payments are also accepted at the Ito Campus (Accounting Section, Accounting Division).
(4) University personnel (Kyushu University faculty members) may also pay fees with university expense accounts.
(However, guest room fees must be paid via bank deposit transfer or in cash.)
Paying with a university expense account
For inquiries regarding reservations
Inquiries by phone
General Affairs Team, University Research Administration Office: 092-642-4312